Sunday, December 14, 2008







Okay, so I've really let the updating slide. To catch up...

Matt has been trying to hunt as much as he can. He got drawn for the city archery hunt so he's had a few places to scout and try. He has gotten 2 smaller does and saw an 8 point he is still hoping to get before the year is over. He was going to go out today but the snow just keeps coming so we're all just spending a cozy day at home.

I just started working 12 hour shifts at the hospital since one of my co workers went out on maternity leave. Congrats Missy on your cute little baby girl. I'll be doing her shift until the end of February or early March. Other than that I have been decorating for Christmas around here. We went to a tree farm to cut our own tree and of course Matt pretended he got stuck under the tree and Lindsey tried to pull him out. We were able drive into the fields so Laura just slept the whole time. We had our 4th annual cookie day at my sister Sarah's this year and the kids were a big HELP! I think I have most of my Christmas shopping done. This snow is really putting me in the Christmas mood but the last thing I want to do is go out on the roads right now. I think I might enlist Lindsey to help me make some cookies this afternoon.
Lindsey is sitting next to me now doing her gingerbread man puzzle. She went up to see grandma and grandpa yesterday with Sarah, Dana, Rachel and Ben. It was the first time she has gone that far away without us but she had a great time. Grandma made the girls Christmas dresses in blue this year so I will have to post those once I get a picture. For now I'll just post one of the dresses from two years ago. I took her to see her first movie at the theater last week. She and I bought some popcorn and went to Bolt. It was a pretty cute movie. She was feeding me kernels of popcorn before the movie started and then during the movie she raised her hand to my face and said "Here mommy." I assumed she was handing me another piece of popcorn so I leaned over and ate it. Then she said--very loudly--"Don't eat it mommy. That's a bugar!!" I almost threw up. The people behind us thought it was pretty funny!

Laura is growing fast. She has started to army crawl instead of rolling everywhere and even gets up onto her knees occasionally and rocks a little before falling down. She has found her voice too. She's turning into quite a screamer. Her bottom 2 teeth are in and I think I can see an upper tooth under the skin too. She still doesn't sleep all the way through the night but she is getting better now that she eats more solid foods. Halloween was fun. My mom and dad came down and Dana came trick or treating with us too so we had 5 adults trailing 3 little trick or treaters. Lindsey had her 3rd birthday in mid November. She was very well spoiled. She ended up with 3 parties again this year-daycare, Danielsons, and Morans. She doesn't mind that a bit. Thanksgiving was good too. We headed to Matt's mom's for supper that day and spent the morning and early afternoon at Sarah's house. The weekend before we just had a big supper here at our house with my parents and sisters. Yummy.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope everyone is tucked in their houses staying warm.