Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You gotta love March



It's true what the say about living in Minnesota--if you don't like the weather just wait a day. Posting these pictures of snow makes me laugh a little as it is raining outside right now and we have very little snow left in our yard. It has been so great to be outside these last few weeks. Both girls have been fighting coughs and runny noses for weeks so the fresh air and sunshine have been a godsend. Laura will be ONE in just over a month. She is a very good stander now and cruises from toy to toy. She still has only the 6 teeth but seems to be working on some more. Lindsey finally got her first haircut and keeps telling people she looks like her cousin Chelsea now. It does make her hair look thicker and her little face looks so much rounder now. She and I started swimming lessons last week. She loves to splash around and kick. She keeps asking me to let her go!! I wish she were a little less brave! I am still working full time and the closer summer gets the more I wish I could be part time again. I am done working 12 hour shifts now so I am really feeling the grind of 5 eight hour days. I am very grateful to have a job right now so I guess I shouldn't complain. I definitely took it for granted when I was part time with Lindsey. There is a lot with Laura I feel I have missed. Maybe the opportunity to go part time will present itself soon if we have to do any cut-backs--who knows. I did manage to finish peeling all the wallpaper out of this house and now most of the upstairs has been repainted since we moved in. We are planning on putting in a new patio door when the weather gets nicer. Our list for summer projects goes on and on. Matt is working on some more continuing education classes. He did some over winter break and some over spring break. He hopes to finish another one before the end of the school year and leave as little as he can for summer. He only needs around 8 credits and he will have completed all the education he can.